Verified by Opencare
Welcome to our family general dentistry site! Teeth are meant to last a lifetime. By taking good care of your teeth and gums, you can protect them for years to come. We are always happy to help you with that!
For New Patient to Download
Connect with us!
We understand that new patients may feel anxious or nervous about visiting a dental office, but please talk to us about your fears or concerns. We will do our best to accommodate your needs. Our goal is to make your visit as comfortable and efficient as possible! The following will give you a better understanding of what to expect on your first visit.
1. Please fill out the PDF form available on the left panel and bring it with you on your first appointment. This will provide our office with basic information, such as your address, birthday, emergency contact, and medical conditions or allergies.
2. Insurance Plans. If you are covered by an insurance plan, please bring your policy number, identification number, and insurance booklet with you. Our friendly administrative staff will help you obtain reimbursements from your insurer, as well as answer any questions that you may have about your policy.
3. Old X-rays & Dental Records. If you have any prior dental x-rays or records, you are encouraged to bring them to your first visit.
4. Dental History Update. Once seated in the dental chair, Dr. Lin, or one of our Associates will discuss with you any general or oral health conditions that you may have -- such as toothaches, bleeding gums, sensitivity to objects placed in the mouth, etc.
5. Examination & Dental Charting. Dr. Lin, or one of our Associates, will perform a thorough examination of your mouth. This will include checking for signs of oral cancer, gum disease, infections, tooth fractures, eroded fillings, and cavities. The number and condition of each tooth will also be recorded into your dental chart.
6. X-rays. X-rays will only be taken if necessary and you will be given the proper protection against radiation. Furthermore, our x-rays are digitally-developed and give off 80% less radiation than the traditional film x-rays. X-rays are often needed to help Dr. Lin diagnose potential problems such as bone loss, deep infections, cracks in teeth, wisdom teeth, or cavities between teeth or under the gum line.
7. Treatment & Planning. This stage involves discussing and devising a treatment plan that will help you achieve optimal oral health. The plan may include future dental examinations, scaling or cleaning, or major procedures (such as bleaching, orthodontics, or implants). Each step of the treatment plan will only be performed with your full consent and authorization. We will provide you with all of the information you'll need, regarding the length, costs, and risks of proposed treatments (or forgone treatments). Don't forget that you can also contact our office at anytime if you require additional information!
8. Cleaning. Although cleaning & polishing are typically booked as separate appointments, they are highly recommended as part of the New Patient Examination. An initial cleaning includes 45 minutes of scaling and 15 minutes of polishing. Scaling removes stains and tartar (plaque build-up) from your teeth. Polishing smooths your tooth surfaces, making it harder for plaque to accumulate. Our hygienists will also gladly discuss with you any questions you may have regarding your oral health.
9. Prevention, prevention, prevention! The best way to keep your smile healthy is to practice good oral hygiene habits. Proper flossing and brushing will also save you money and time. A member of our dental team will conclude your visit by helping you develop a sound oral hygiene routine. Be sure to ask about our many patient education brochures and interactive videos. As your dental team, our hope is that you will spend less time in our office and more time doing the things you enjoy!